Thursday, March 7, 2013

This afternoon I returned from my long awaited trip on the Queen Mary 2.  I would highly recommend that if you get to cruise on this ship do so.  It is expensive but if you like charm and being treated graciously it is the experience of a life time.

I did take pictures and somehow I deleted the lot.  So I have five little images.  However knowing how great I am with technology the ship's cookbook was purchased.  It is filled with beautiful images as well as recipes.  Below is an image of the first dish served to us in the Britannia Restaurant.


My personal highlight was the afternoon in the Queens Room.  This is a stunning venue for a start.  The wait staff are so friendly and keen to make your tea an event to treasure.  To top it off a string quartet was playing.  I love days at sea and this "ticked all the boxes" for me.

Sadly my trip was only for two nights and this morning we disembarked in Sydney.  The liner made the Opera House looks so small.  But Sydney turned on a perfect day.  I dragged the suitcases to the train station at Circular Quay with great reluctance.  The Jetstar staff treated us nicely too and all too soon we were home in humid and drizzly Brisbane and in a taxi finishing the journey.

No comments: