Thursday, July 28, 2011

Such a peaceful day

Oh how I love quietly productive days. The girls are back at school and university. This means there is far less noise in the house. As I have a hearing loss, I enjoy the lack of music and television during the day. Dad was having a very good day too and this meant that I caught up on simple things like the laundry. We even had time to walk to the shop and buy some of dad's favourite fruit.

The peaceful atmosphere continued into the evening. My youngest normally argues her way out of homework. For the second night running she has settled in and done her tasks. The threat of being thrown out of the school musical seems to have hit home. It is so difficult when I am forced to be the "mean mummy" but in reality her behaviour etc has to be dealt with. A little tough love is needed sometimes.

I am so thankful for a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Hi there Suze, just popped by to say thank you for your well wishes after the arrival of baby no. 4! Have you thought about enabling your email address in your blogger profile so you can receive email replies?
Just read your last half dozen posts and I think you're an angel on earth for all the amazing work you do for your family. All the best and good luck with making all those second socks!
Kirsty x