Thursday, April 25, 2013

Anzac Day

I am sorry for the absence.  My youngest has created a number of dramas and I have so many things to catch up with.  I need to send three balls of yarn for a start.

Today was Anzac Day.  For me as Australian today is special. I am proud and grateful for those who gave so much to keep the world and our country free.  The sacrifice continues with many still serving far from home.  The families of those who serve are heroes too.

So today we watched some of the services until dad was bored.  Since we were blessed with a beautiful day we piled into the car and drove to a beach side suburb.  The place was packed and it was difficult to find a place to park and eat.  Just as well we packed some food as the eateries had customers on the streets.  On our drive home we found a fisherman selling prawns/shrimp from his boat.  Mum and dad love these and I am allergic.  So for a very reasonable price they have a feast.  It was a day to count our blessings, be thankful and remember those who make our peace and safety possible.

Lest we forget.

No comments: